What to serve with crab legs: When crab legs tend to be the star of the show, it can be a little intimidating to come up with a side dish or dipping sauce to pair with fresh seafood!
Crab lovers will find a wonderful list of ideas for side dishes, along with the recipes that are recommended to pair well with crab legs!
No matter the type of crab; if they're snow crab legs, blue crab, Alaskan king crab legs, Dungeness crab legs, crab boil, or just about any crab leg dinner! No matter if they're snow crab legs, blue crab, Alaskan king crab legs, crab boil, or just about any crab leg dinner!
So no matter if you're hosting a fancy dinner party for special occasions or just looking to make a fun treat at home, you're sure to find the perfect accompaniment for your seafood dinner!
First, let's talk about the sauces to serve with crab legs.
Sauces to Serve with Crab Legs
Although crab legs are delicious by themselves, it's always nice to offer a dipping sauce or sauces to enhance the flavor even more! Here are our favorite sauce suggestions:
- melted butter - it's a classic pairing with crab legs that can't be beaten. If desired, you can use clarified butter or just regular melted butter.
- horseradish sauce - with a kick, horseradish can add a spice that's an unbelievable partner to the seafood!
- cocktail sauce - whether you buy it in the grocery store or mix together your own recipe (ketchup + horseradish) cocktail sauce is fantastic with fried seafood and boiled seafood like crab legs and shrimp!
- creamy avocado sauce - using ingredients like yogurt, lime juice and spices, it creates a creamy, flavorful sauce that's delicious with crab legs.
- lemon wedges/juice - although this isn't really a sauce, fresh lemon juice is a wonderful addition to sprinkle on to the crab legs before dipping in to the sauce!
- garlic butter sauce - a mixture of melted regular butter with minced garlic and if desired, a little grated parmesan cheese.
- dijon sour cream sauce - A mix of dijon mustard and sour cream that's delicious with seafood and steaks.
These sauces are excellent with crab legs, crab cakes, shrimp and just about any type of seafood you can imagine!
Garnishes for Crab Legs
If you're looking for a way to spruce up a platter of crab legs, there are our favorite easy ways to do so:
- lemon wedges
- fresh parsley
- sliced raw veggies
- lettuce leaves (large romaine, butter lettuce or leaf lettuce)
- mini cobs of corn (also a great side dish)
Side Dish Ideas for Crab Legs
Now that we have the sauces figured out to dip the crab legs in, it's time to think about the best sides to make along with crab legs!
First, you'll find a general list of side dishes to serve with crab legs but then we've also included a list of specific side dish recipes that you'll find helpful when planning your menu!
- french fries
- green salad
- cheese garlic bread
- green beans
- potato salad
- ears of corn
- brussels sprouts
- new potatoes
- mashed potatoes
- baked potato
- potato cakes
- cold salad (pasta salad)
- red onions
- relish tray
- hush puppies
- bell peppers (raw, sliced with dips)
Side Dish Recipes for Crab Legs
Not only are these side dishes easy but they pair so well with the seafood, making it a fantastic all-around meal, in minutes!
I so hope you loved this list of side dishes for crab legs! Make sure to check out our other seafood side dish recommendations for easy meal planning later!
Pin the image below to remember for later!