Jalapeno Cornbread with Jiffy – A savory side dish with a hint of spice. These moist cornbread muffins are a great side dish to pulled pork, grilled chicken, or any other protein of choice!
Cornbread is a classic and easy side dish during the holidays. When using multiple boxes of Jiffy corn muffin mix, it’s super easy to make a large batch of this jalapeño cornbread!
This recipe is similar to this jalapeno cornbread salsa, and pairs well with this bbq steak recipe! Adding jalepeno slices is a great way to spice up side dishes, especially when your main dish lacks spiciness!
- Cornbread mix (We use Jiffy)
- Cup milk
- Jalapenos, seeded and diced
- Ranch dressing seasoning mix
- Shredded cheddar cheese
See recipe card for quantities.
Step 1: Preheat oven to 400
Step 2: Mix together all ingredients, until evenly distributed
Step 3: Using cooking spray, grease a cupcake pan
Step 4: Fill each cavity halfway with cornbread batter
Step 5: Bake at 400 for 15 minutes
Hint: I like to top my jalapeno cornbread with a slice of butter. This works best if you’re serving the cornbread hot instead of room temperature.
What else can I add to my cornbread?
If you’re looking to add some more flavor to your jalapeño cornbread, here are a few ideas:
- Meat lovers – You can add fresh sliced bacon or bacon bits to your cornbread for some extra savory flavor.
- Green onions – Green onions go great with jalapenos and they also add a nice touch to these cornbread mini muffins!
- Honey – To combat the spiciness, drizzle honey on top of your cornbread before serving.
Should I refrigerate cornbread?
Yes, since this recipe contains cheese, you should store it in the fridge in an airtight container. this will keep your cornbread fresh for up to a week! To reheat, you can microwave this jiffy jalapeno cornbread in the microwave for 30 seconds to a minute.
How can I use leftover cornbread?
You can use leftover cornbread as a simple side dish, turn it into cornbread salsa, or freeze it and save it for later. I like to reheat my cornbread and use it as a side dish to another meal because it saves time in the kitchen!
Is Jiffy mix gluten-free?
No, Jiffy mix is not gluten free because it contains flour and wheat. If you’d like gluten-free jalapeño cornbread, feel free to use a gluten-free cornbread mix. Most regular cornbread mixes contain gluten so make sure the label specifically says, “gluten-free.”
What does jalapeño cornbread go well with?
Jalapeño cornbread goes well with almost any type of meat or protein source. I like to serve this jalapeño cheddar cornbread with a bbq dish, chili, chicken noodle coup, and more!
- 8.5 oz. of cornbread mix (We use Jiffy)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cups of milk
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1 envelope of ranch dressing seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400
- Mix together all ingredients, until evenly distributed
- Grease a cupcake pan
- Fill each cavity halfway with cornbread batter
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 388Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 1227mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 5gSugar: 16gProtein: 12g
Pin the image below, on Pinterest, for later!