Jalapeno Cornbread with Jiffy – A savory side dish with a hint of spice. These moist cornbread muffins are a great side dish to pulled pork, grilled chicken, or any other protein of choice!
Cornbread is a classic and easy side dish during the holidays. When using multiple boxes of Jiffy corn muffin mix, it’s super easy to make a large batch of this jalapeño cornbread!
This recipe is similar to this jalapeno cornbread salad, and pairs well with this bbq steak recipe and this smoked elk! Adding jalepeno slices is a great way to spice up side dishes, especially when your main dish lacks spiciness!
- Cornbread mix (We use Jiffy)
- Cup milk
- Jalapenos, seeded and diced
- Ranch dressing seasoning mix
- Shredded cheddar cheese
See recipe card for quantities.
Step 1: Preheat oven to 400
Step 2: Mix together all ingredients, until evenly distributed
Step 3: Using cooking spray, grease a cupcake pan
Step 4: Fill each cavity halfway with cornbread batter
Step 5: Bake at 400 for 15 minutes
Hint: I like to top my jalapeno cornbread with a slice of butter. This works best if you’re serving the cornbread hot instead of room temperature.
What else can I add to my cornbread?
If you’re looking to add some more flavor to your jalapeño cornbread, here are a few ideas:
- Meat lovers – You can add fresh sliced bacon or bacon bits to your cornbread for some extra savory flavor.
- Green onions – Green onions go great with jalapenos and they also add a nice touch to these cornbread mini muffins!
- Honey – To combat the spiciness, drizzle honey on top of your cornbread before serving.
Should I refrigerate cornbread?
Yes, since this recipe contains cheese, you should store it in the fridge in an airtight container. this will keep your cornbread fresh for up to a week! To reheat, you can microwave this jiffy jalapeno cornbread in the microwave for 30 seconds to a minute.
How can I use leftover cornbread?
You can use leftover cornbread as a simple side dish, turn it into cornbread salsa, or freeze it and save it for later. I like to reheat my cornbread and use it as a side dish to another meal because it saves time in the kitchen!
Is Jiffy mix gluten-free?
No, Jiffy mix is not gluten free because it contains flour and wheat. If you’d like gluten-free jalapeño cornbread, feel free to use a gluten-free cornbread mix. Most regular cornbread mixes contain gluten so make sure the label specifically says, “gluten-free.”
What does jalapeño cornbread go well with?
Jalapeño cornbread goes well with almost any type of meat or protein source. I like to serve this jalapeño cheddar cornbread with a bbq dish, chili, chicken noodle coup, and more!
- 8.5 oz. of cornbread mix (We use Jiffy)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cups of milk
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1 envelope of ranch dressing seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400
- Mix together all ingredients, until evenly distributed
- Grease a cupcake pan
- Fill each cavity halfway with cornbread batter
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 388Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 1227mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 5gSugar: 16gProtein: 12g
Pin the image below, on Pinterest, for later!